Anyone in Dubai or in the UAE in general who would like to set up a mainland company is required to obtain what’s called a Professional Licence. Which is one of the three types of trade licenses currently available – (Commercial, Industrial, Professional)
A professional license is a requirement for anyone who wants to offer professional services in the UAE. Moreover, this license assures that the skilled individual is fully legal and authorized to provide such services in any kind of profession.
Thus, individuals who want to work as freelancers must first obtain a professional license if they plan to legally offer their services to clients in the UAE. Certain businesses may fit in both commercial and professional licenses. That is why it is advisable to consult a business setup company such as ITQAN before applying for a trade license.
In addition, another benefit of having a professional license in Dubai is that it offers 100% ownership of their company to the foreign investor and there is no need to find a local sponsor, even though they are operating outside a free zone. Interested investors have the option to choose between these two legal entities: Sole Establishment and Civil Company for their new investment in Dubai.
Let’s delve into details
– A sole establishment means that the company will be owned and operated by a single owner. So, the individual shareholder will have full control of the sole establishment’s operations and profits, but on the other hand, will also be 100% liable for its debts and financial obligations.
– A civil company is similar to a sole establishment, but with more than one shareholder.
Since a professional license allows for 100% foreign ownership and 100% capital repatriation, the business must appoint a local service agent, who completes the legal formalities but does not hold any liability or authority over the business.
- Professional business activities in Dubai and the UAE
- Professional license holders can offer their services in industries such as:
- Accounting, auditing, and finance
- Advertising and entertainment
- Cosmetics (e.g. hairdressing and beauty salon)
- Consultancy (e.g. architectural, business, and management consultancy)
- Carpentry and artisan activities
- Healthcare and medicine – Cosmetology
- Information technology
- Internet and web design – Digital marketing
- Law and legal advice
- Printing and publishing
- Repair services – maintenance
- Restaurant services
- Education – teaching, tutoring, personal training, coaching
- Technical services
What are the requirements you need to get a professional license in Dubai?
You will have to submit your license application, a brief outline of your business activities, what it entails and what it is about and the following documents to the Department of Economic Development (DED):
- Application Form
- Passport copies of the expatriate business owner(s)
Passport and Emirates ID copies of the local partner.
- Academic certificates showing you have the required skills and knowledge to practice a profession in Dubai.
- No Objection Certificate (NOC) from the sponsor of expatriate business partners if they are under employment visas.
- Approvals from the Municipality and Roads Transport Authority (RTA) – if applicable.
How Can ITQAN help you?
ITQAN is a Business Consultancy with a focus on communication and providing creative business solutions to our partners. Setting up a company in the UAE has never been so easy and mastering it makes it easier.
Finally, If you are looking for a business partner to facilitate your business formation in the UAE and launch your dream platform without any hassle, contact our team for assistance.